This is the original Tinusaur Board – the kit that has the Tinusaur PCB and all the necessary components for the ATtiny85 micro-controller to work.
IMPORTANT: Please note that:
- It comes as a kit, in parts, all in a small plastic bag, you have to solder it yourself.
- In order to program this microcontroller board you will need a programmer and what we recommend is the AVR ISP programmer. We prefer using the USBasp because of its simplicity, reliability, last but not the least – its affordable price.
Another option is to use an Arduino to program the ATtiny microcontroller. There are good articles on the Internet about how to do that, here are just a few: Programming an ATtiny w/ Arduino 0022, Program an ATtiny with Arduino.
Our recommendation …
What’s in the box?
Here is the list of everything included with the Tinusaur Board:
|MCU, Attiny85||Atmel AVR ATtiny85 microcontroller|
|Socket, DIP-8||DIP-8 socket for MCU|
|H1, Header||Header 2×4, Female|
|H2, Header||Header 2×5, Female|
|ISP, Header||Header 2×5, Male, Shrouded, for ISP programming with USBasp|
|RESET, Button||Tactile push button, for RESET|
|Power, Header||Header 1×2, Female, for external power (1)|
|Battery, Header||Header 1×2, Male, for battery power on/off (2)|
|Battery, Jumper||Jumper, 2-pin, for battery power on/off (2)|
|C1, Capacitor||Capacitor 100nF, Small|
|C2, Capacitor||Capacitor 100uF, Low profile 5×5 mm|
|R1, Resistor||Resistor 10K, Small, 1/8W (3)|
|Battery holder||Battery holder for CR2032|
|Battery 3V||Battery 3V, CR2032|
- (1) The external power header in some older models is a male header and in a different color (ex.: red or green).
- (2) The battery header and jumper for on/off may be in black but also in another color (ex.: yellow).
- (3) The 10K resistor could be in different colors, Its value is marked with the color code – the color stripes on its body. Ref.: Wikipedia.org / Electronic color code – Resistor_color-coding
For information about purchasing visit our Where to buy page.